Just as the winter holidays are ending I managed to finish work on version 3.5.0. In my opinion this version is feature complete. I might make some modification based on your feedback for the new functionality but I will not add any new features to this version. Please keep that in mind when posting feedback.
How to take part in testing
Anyone can participate in the beta. The beta version is installed as a separate app so that you can use the stable version in parallel. If you already participated in previous beta tests, you will get a notification about the new version in Testflight. New testers can use this link to participate:
In app purchases will not bill your account. They are only test purchases, so don't be shy activating the full version.
The user manual is not adapted to the new version yet, so please feel free to ask here if you have any questions regarding the new features. Many of the new features need to be enabled in the settings. So please start testing by browsing through the settings menu.
macOS: Testflight is now also available for macOS. The above link does also work on the macOS Testflight version.
Most important new features
Displaying PDF documents
To attach a PDF file to a song, open song details and look for a new table entry "PDF Document" directly below "Edit Lyrics".
Once you have attached a PDF, tapping on this entry will open a simple PDF editor where you can add ink annotations with different pencils and colors to the pdf. To delete annotations select the eraser tool and draw over the annotations you want to delete or tap an "Clear" to erase all annotations. These annotations are stored directly in the PDF file.
To remove a PDF file swipe the table entry to the left and select "Delete" or right click on macOS. Stage Traxx will always display an attached PDF document. If you want to view text lyrics you need to delete the PDF document.
Lyrics can still be edited. This is necessary to define MIDI commands and control autoscrolling. To enable autoscrolling in PDFs there is a new tag available:
With this tag you tell Stage Traxx which part of the pdf should be displayed at which time. The above example will show the top of page 1 at 10.2 seconds into the song. Each page is divided into 10 slices where 1 is the top of the page and 10 is the bottom of the page. So if you want to show the middle of page 2 at the time 01:20 you can write:
You can also just write p instead of page to keep it short.
This syntax allows autoscrolling to scroll down and up to make it possible to automatically read scores with repeat signs.
During playback you can quickly scroll up or down by a single tap on the left or right 30% of the pdf.
Autoscrolling in lyrics only songs
To enable autoscrolling in lyrics only songs, open song details and set a duration. Now the play button is enabled and autoscrolling will work similar to the other song types.
- PDF documents can be displayed instead of lyrics. PDF files are also displayed on external screens and can be sent to network clients.
- PDF editor allows the addition of annotations to the PDF documents.
- Lyrics only song can now use the autoscrolling feature
- What's New dialog will inform you about changes in the current version
- Silence at start and end of songs is automatically detected during song import and start and stop times set accordingly
- Color for play, next and done markers can be selected in settings
- Audio outputs can be switched to mono where left and right channels or summed
- Similar edit mode for multiple songs in playlists as in the song list
- (macOS only) Pedal commands can also be assigned to key presses on the computer keyboard
- Device font size modifier setting to resize lyrics in all songs
- Master tuning setting to fine tune audio output by +/- 100 cents
- Option to show remaining or elapsed song time in left clock display in main player
- Option to prefer flat or sharp modifiers when using the transpose feature
- New global midi command that is sent whenever a new song is loaded into the player
- Master effect plugin can be bypassed to compare processed and unprocessed signal
- Volume up / down buttons in main player view can now trigger other commands
- Multitrack songs with missing tracks are now also marked in red as missing
- Selecting the current song in another playlist will now switch to that playlist
- Multiple songs can now be added to an existing playlist
- If an audio file has been modified and new "Refresh Data" button is displayed in song details to reload metadata and rebuild the waveform
- Chord placement of inline chords is incorrect when the line is too long to diplay without a line break
- Wrong song count in song list
- Rendering issues with certain AUv3 master effect plugins
- Playback stopping when changing master effect plugin
- Many stability improvements