Sorry Peter, it just doesn’t work. I did the following test:
- Deleted song Ain’t no stopping us now from Files ST3 folder
- selected Songs in ST3 it shows missing
- From Files, copied song from iCloud
- In Files changed to iPad/ST3 and pasted
- in SONGS still showed missing.
- Did pull down to refresh menu and then there are two listings. One that still shows missing and one that works
I guess that when you refresh, it knows that the song came from the "“library" and puts it back. I give up, I guess I have no choice but to keep using iTunes.
I did test on my iPhone where I added a song from the cloud and test played. Then deleted from ST3 folder and it showed missing. Then copied and pasted from iCloud and it came back OK. No duplicates
But at least I have 6G of storage freed up.