Happy new year. Hopefully this year we will finally be able to get back on stage and have more use for Stage Traxx!
I was quite busy so far this winter and can say that version 3.3.0 is now feature complete. The biggest new feature is not so much a feature but support for new hardware:
Stage Traxx now also runs on MacOS Catalina and Big Sur
The app looks and behaves just like on iOS. I am not sure how many users will use Stage Traxx on MacOS so I considers this port a work in progress. If this platform will find enough users, I will start tweaking Stage Traxx to behave more like a normal MacOS app.
There are some limitations on MacOS:
- No Audiobus support
- No support for lyrics on external screens (new feature on iOS)
- You can only import audio files and not songs from your music library
- Multi select in edit modes works by holding down the shift key
Backup files are fully compatible between MacOS and iOS. So you can for example use MacOS to edit lyrics and then transfer your changes via backup file to iOS.
Anyone can participate in the beta. The beta version is installed as a separate app so that you can use the stable version in parallel. If you already participated in previous beta tests, you will get a notification about the new version in Testflight. New testers can use this link to participate:
The MacOS version can be downloaded here: https://stagetraxx.com/beta/stagetraxx-3.3.0-5920.zip
You can restore your iOS In App purchase to enable full functionality on MacOS.
The user manual is not adapted to the new version yet, so please feel free to ask here if you have any questions regarding the new features. Many of the new features need to be enabled in the settings. So please start testing by browsing through the settings menu.
- Ported Stage Traxx to MacOS 10.15 (Catalina) and later
- Lyrics display on external monitor connected via HDMI or AirPlay
- Songs can now be loaded by sending MIDI program changes or song select messages to Stage Traxx
- Stage Traxx can send MIDI Timecode with 25 or 30 FPS or MIDI clock to sync external devices
- Specify a BPM value for each song for MIDI clock
- Network clients can now also send embedded MIDI messages
- Individual transpose setting per song (Capo)
- Chord transpose when changing song pitch can be disabled per song
- Added keywords and keyword filtering to playlists
- Playlists can be shared with other iPads (songs need to match on the destination device)
- New option to allow manual trigger of crossfade to next song during playback
- New option to delay start of playback after pressing play
- New option to enable double tap mode for start of playback
- New option to add song numbers in playlist view
- Ability to add or remove keywords for multiple songs
- Adding all songs from an album or playlist will always create a new playlist with the album / playlist name
- Searchbar is now always visible in song tab
- "Select all" button in song list edit mode can also deselect songs
- MIDI messages not sent during user interactions
- Stability improvements in network code
- Rare crash when generating waveform overview