Here we go again. A new beta version will be available shortly (in a few hours). Version 3.2.0 is not as packed with new features as version 3.1.0 was, but I think there are some very nice additions most of you will find very useful.
Anyone can participate in the beta. The beta version is installed as a separate app so that you can use the stable version in parallel. If you already participated in testing 3.1.0, you will get a notification about the new version in Testflight. New testers can use this link to participate:
The user manual is not adapted to the new version yet, so here are some useful hints:
- Chord transposing can be turned on and off in the lyrics settings
- Network clients will try to locate the currently playing song by title and artist tag in the local song list. So make sure that these tags match on your devices if you want to display your own lyrics instead the lyrics of the session host.
- To see the "Send MIDI" command in the lyrics editor context menu, make sure that the cursor is placed within a midi tag.
- The song list open/close button changes color when you keep it pressed. When it is highlighted, you can change the width of the song list.
- Changing the channel used to generate waveforms will only affect new songs. If you want to regenerate the waveform of existing songs, you need to tap on the refresh icon in song details.
- Edited song title and artist will only be stored in the app and is not written into the audio file.
- Chords are automatically transposed when changing pitch of a song
- Change the width of the song list in player by long press on open/close button
- Open song details and lyrics editor directly in player view
- Lyrics editor can use song font size
- Network clients can choose to show local lyrics
- Playlists can now be colored
- Added possibility to change coloring of multiple songs
- New context menu command to send midi directly from lyrics editor
- Added midi learn function to lyrics editor
- Added option to select which channel should be used for waveform generation
- Added pedal command to change song speed
- Added chord highlighting with customizable color
- Song title and artist can be edited
- Seeking within song will immediatly update lyrics position
- Increased maximum possible lyrics font size
- Text size of list views will scale with iOS accessibility settings
- Database only backup will check for wrong free storage space
- Volume up/down pedal commands ignoring current volume mode
- Improved stability when connecting / disconnecting audio interfaces