On last nights gig one particular song did not play but rather caused ST3 to minimize itself. I tried again and same thing. I deleted it from queue but the two hosted clients still showed song and lyrics. Further investigation showed the host connection was lost. We recovered but it was an embarrassing few minutes on stage.
This morning I cleared the queue and added the song. When I hit play it did the same thing. I did not recall this track ever having a problem so I tried it on old ST2. It played fine.
Upon further investigation I noticed the midi command string was displaying in the lyrics panel. I know from experience that this means something is not right. A closer look and I found:
obviously there is no such thing as midi channel 0. I edited the lyrics and changed it to “pc2@2” (my keyboard patch). Now the song plays as it should.
Obviously ST2 simply ignored the command while ST3 did recognize a problem but I don’t think doing what it did was the right thing to do.
Please look into this.